Tuesday, September 1, 2009

No Fail Pizza Dough


My husband told me not to lose this recipe so here it is in the safest place I know:


1 pkg yeast (I think 1 pkg =2 1/4 tsp)
1 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
2 TBL oil
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt

Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water and add oil. Combine flour and salt. Pour yeast mixture over dry ingredients and mix. Let rest 5 minutes. Roll dough onto greased pizza pan. Add toppings. Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.

I think I only cooked it at 400 until it was light brown.

I put a bruschetta type mixture on top:

6-7 tomatoes skinned (boil one minute run under cold water and they skin easy)
fresh basil
mozzarella cheese
garlic
pepper

I smashed all the seeds and juice out of the tomatoes and stirred everything together and put it on top cooked until cheese was melted.

No comments: